Sökning: onr:"swepub:oai:DiVA.org:nai-113" >
Poverty, income dis...
Poverty, income distribution and labour markets in Ethiopia
- Bigsten, Arne, (redaktör/utgivare)
- Nordiska Afrikainstitutet
Kebede, Bereket (redaktör/utgivare)
Shimeles, Abebe (redaktör/utgivare)
Göteborgs universitet Handelshögskolan. Institutionen för nationalekonomi med statistik.
- ISBN 91-7106-526-1
- Uppsala : Nordiska Afrikainstitutet, 2005
- Engelska 200 s.
Läs hela texten (fulltext)
- Ethiopia is one of the poorest countries in the world with a per capita income of just over US$100. Understanding the causes of the country's widespread poverty is of the utmost importance. Until recently, however, very little household data was available. This study deals with the many aspects of poverty and income distribution in Ethiopia. It analyses the determinants of poverty and how its conditions have changed in both rural and urban areas over time. Rural and urban poverty profiles and the dynamics of poverty are examined, measurements taken of consumption poverty are compared with individual perceptions of poverty, and an analysis is made of the distribution of intra-household expenditure and the dynamics of income distribution. In addition, the functioning of the urban labour market returns to education, and the effects of education on household welfare are investigated. Finally, there is extensive discussion of the wide range of policies that need to be coordinated for poverty reduction in Ethiopia.
- SAMHÄLLSVETENSKAP -- Ekonomi och näringsliv -- Nationalekonomi (hsv//swe)
- SOCIAL SCIENCES -- Economics and Business -- Economics (hsv//eng)
- SOCIAL SCIENCES Business and economics
- SAMHÄLLSVETENSKAP Ekonomi
- economic conditions
- income distribution
- household income
- labour market
Publikations- och innehållstyp
- sam (ämneskategori)
- vet (ämneskategori)