SwePub
Sök i LIBRIS databas

  Utökad sökning

onr:"swepub:oai:lup.lub.lu.se:17eabb28-ac0f-418e-a9bf-ad76f13bde05"
 

Sökning: onr:"swepub:oai:lup.lub.lu.se:17eabb28-ac0f-418e-a9bf-ad76f13bde05" > Do we know more abo...

Do we know more about hypertension in Poland after the May Measurement Month 2017? - Europe

Małyszko, Jolanta (författare)
Medical University of Warsaw
Mastej, Mirosław (författare)
Mastej Medical Center, Jasło
Banach, Maciej (författare)
Medical University of Lodz
visa fler...
Tykarski, Andrzej (författare)
Poznan University of Medical Sciences
Narkiewicz, Krzysztof (författare)
Medical University of Gdansk
Hoffman, Piotr (författare)
Institute of Cardiology, Warsaw
Jankowski, Piotr (författare)
Jagellonian University
Nowicki, Michał P. (författare)
Medical University of Lodz
Tomasik, Tomasz (författare)
Jagellonian University
Windak, Adam (författare)
Jagellonian University
Olszanecka, Agnieszka (författare)
Jagellonian University
Motyl, Agnieszka (författare)
Medicover Szpital Warszawa
Nowak, Dariusz (författare)
Municipal Hospital, Mickiewicza
Skowron, Łukasz (författare)
Military Institute of Medicine
Tomaszewski, Maciej (författare)
University of Manchester
Beaney, Thomas (författare)
Imperial College London
Xia, Xin (författare)
Imperial College London
Nillson, Peter (författare)
Lund University,Lunds universitet,Internmedicin - epidemiologi,Forskargrupper vid Lunds universitet,Internal Medicine - Epidemiology,Lund University Research Groups
Poulter, Neil R. (författare)
Imperial College London
Jóźwiak, Jacek (författare)
University of Opole
visa färre...
 (creator_code:org_t)
Oxford University Press, 2019
2019
Engelska.
Ingår i: European Heart Journal, Supplement. - : Oxford University Press. - 1520-765X. ; 21, s. 97-100
  • Forskningsöversikt (refereegranskat)
Abstract Ämnesord
Stäng  
  • Elevated blood pressure (BP) is a worldwide burden, leading to over 10 million deaths yearly. May Measurement Month (MMM) is a global initiative organized by the International Society of Hypertension aimed at raising awareness of hypertension and the need for BP screening. An opportunistic cross-sectional survey of volunteers aged ≥18 was carried out in May 2017. BP measurement, the definition of hypertension and statistical analysis followed the globally approved MMM17 Study Protocol. In Poland 5834 (98.9%, Caucasian) individuals were screened. After multiple imputation, 2601 (35.3%) had hypertension. Of individuals not receiving anti-hypertensive medication, 976 (20.6%) were hypertensive. Of individuals receiving anti-hypertensive medication, 532 (49.1%) had uncontrolled BP. In the crude screened group, 81.4% declared to not receive any anti-hypertensive treatment, while the remaining 18.6% were on such medications. In overweight and obese patients both systolic and diastolic BP were significantly higher than in normal weight and underweight subjects. In addition, BP measured on Sundays was significantly lower than on Mondays. MMM17 was one of the largest recent BP screening campaigns in Poland. We found that over 1/3 of participants were hypertensive. Almost half of the treated subjects had uncontrolled BP. These results suggest that opportunistic screening can identify substantial numbers with raised BP.

Ämnesord

MEDICIN OCH HÄLSOVETENSKAP  -- Klinisk medicin -- Kardiologi (hsv//swe)
MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCIENCES  -- Clinical Medicine -- Cardiac and Cardiovascular Systems (hsv//eng)
MEDICIN OCH HÄLSOVETENSKAP  -- Hälsovetenskap -- Folkhälsovetenskap, global hälsa, socialmedicin och epidemiologi (hsv//swe)
MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCIENCES  -- Health Sciences -- Public Health, Global Health, Social Medicine and Epidemiology (hsv//eng)
MEDICIN OCH HÄLSOVETENSKAP  -- Klinisk medicin (hsv//swe)
MEDICIN OCH HÄLSOVETENSKAP  -- Hälsovetenskaper (hsv//swe)
MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCIENCES  -- Clinical Medicine (hsv//eng)
MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCIENCES  -- Health Sciences (hsv//eng)

Publikations- och innehållstyp

ref (ämneskategori)
for (ämneskategori)

Hitta via bibliotek

Till lärosätets databas

 
pil uppåt Stäng

Kopiera och spara länken för att återkomma till aktuell vy