Sökning: onr:"16838330" >
Whole-body MRI Scre...
Whole-body MRI Screening / edited by Ralf Puls, Norbert Hosten.
Puls, Ralf. (redaktör/utgivare)
Hosten, Norbert. (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 9783642552014
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : 2014
- Engelska XII, 374 p. 208 illus., 5 illus. in color.
- Relaterad länk:
http://dx.doi.org/10... (Table of Contents / Abstracts) (856other)
- Preface and Acknowledgment -- Part 1: Fundamentals and Prerequisites for Whole-Body MRI Screening -- 1. The Ethics of Incidental Findings in Population-Based MRI Research -- 2. MR Imaging in Population-Based Research -- 3. Technical Prerequisites for Whole-Body MRI Screening -- 4. Contrast Agent Administration and Imaging Protocols for Whole-Body MRI -- Part 2: Frequent Findings in Whole-Body MRI and Clinical Correlation -- 5. The Head and Neck -- 6. The Chest -- 7. The Heart -- 8. The Abdomen -- 9. The Vascular System -- 10. The Musculoskeletal System and Spine -- 11. The Breasts -- 12. The Urogenital System.
- The advent of dedicated whole-body MRI scanners has made it possible to image the human body from head to toe with excellent spatial resolution and with the sensitivity and specificity of conventional MR systems. A comprehensive screening examination by MRI relies on fast image acquisition, and this is now feasible owing to several very recent developments, including multichannel techniques, new surface coil systems, and automatic table movement. The daily analysis of whole-body MRI datasets uncovers many incidental findings, which are discussed by an interdisciplinary advisory board of physicians from all specialties. This book provides a systematic overview of these incidental findings with the aid of approximately 240 high-quality images. The radiologists involved in the project have written chapters on each organ system, presenting a structured compilation of the most common findings, their morphologic appearances on whole-body MRI, and guidance on their clinical management. Chapters on technical and ethical issues are also included. It is hoped that this book will assist other diagnosticians in deciding how to handle the most common incidental findings encountered when performing whole-body MRI.
- Medicine. (LCSH)
- Radiology, Medical. (LCSH)
- Medicine & Public Health.
- Diagnostic Radiology.
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention.
Publikations- och innehållstyp
- R895-920 (LCC)
- MED019000 (ämneskategori)
- 616.0757 (DDC)
- Veah (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Hitta via bibliotek
Till lärosätets databas